Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eye on the Prize

Makeup has never been my strong suit but it is something I wish I could master.  Over the years I have learned a few tricks of the trade that amplify every woman's natural beauty.  Many brunettes are lucky enough to have dark features that naturally emphasize their eyelashes and eyebrows...it must have skipped a generation in my case.

A few years ago I started getting my eyebrows plucked instead of waxed to keep them looking fuller and more precisely shaped to my face.  In addition, I began dying my eyebrows AND my eyelashes to decrease the amount of time I spend on them in the morning.  (It's an amazing trick for the summertime when you want to look more natural on the weekends or at the beach without having mascara on.)

My other best kept secret is an eyelash curler.  If I don't curl my eyelashes they stick straight out and no amount of mascara can give them that Minnie Mouse flutter look.  For 10 seconds I use my hairdryer to heat the eyelash curler and then hold it against my eyelashes for 10 more seconds.  (Make sure it's not too hot!)  I immediately apply mascara and in just 20 seconds I have long, emphasized peepers!

WARNING: If you have an eyeball issue then you may not want to scroll down. 







No comments:

Post a Comment